We're building New York's energy future!
Clean Path NY is a landmark clean energy project to connect communites across New York State to domestic soures of reliable, renewable power mand streghthen our electric grid infastructure to stand up to the future. Clean Path NY is a key part of New York's goal to transition to zero-emission electricity sector by 2040.
The project will include a 175-mile underground and underwater HVDC transmission line, with 3,800 MW of new wind and solar capacity-all located in New York.
Clean Path NY will:
- Advance New York’s goal of a zero-emission electricity sector by 2040
- Reduce criteria air pollutants from the state's electric grid by 22% annually
- Increase resilience of transmission system to extreme weather events
- Create 8,300 family-sustaining jobs
- Avoid 49 million tons of CO2 emissions by 2040
- Save New Yorkers billions in avoided social and public health costs due to emissions reductions
New York Department of Public Service will hold 4 in-person public hearings to receive input on Clean Path NY:
Loch Sheldrake Public Statement Hearing
Date: October 4, 2023
Location: Sullivan County College
Grossinger Dining Room, Building H
112 College Rd, Loch Sheldrake, NY
Time: Information Session: 1:00PM
Public Statement Hearing: 1:30PM
Other Ways to Comment
For those who cannot attend or prefer not to speak at the public statement hearings, there are several other ways to provide your comments to the Commission.
- Submit comments online: documents.dps.ny.gov with case number: 22-T-0558
- Send a written comment: to email@example.com or Secretary at the New York State Public Service Commission, Three Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12223-1350
- Call: 1-800-335-2120
For more information on the public statement hearings or the regulatory process visit: https://documents.dps.ny.gov/public/MatterManagement/CaseMaster.aspx?Mattercaseno=22-T-0558